Position: Demolition Estimator
National demolition firm is currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Estimator/Project Manager. The Estimator’s primary duty is to bid and secure demolition projects. Once projects are awarded, the Estimator manages the contract work from start to finish. This is a full-time, permanent position that will be based at our headquarter office, located in Schenectady, New York.
- Seeks out/completes bid opportunities for the company through client relationships, network opportunities, public private postings, assigned bid opportunities, etc.
- Estimates projects for bid submittal by reviewing plan and specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and submittals, constructing the bid and creating the bid submittal in a timely manner.
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to ensure communication and coordination between project managers, field and office support. Works with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing needs.
- Obtains necessary permits and licensing.
- Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
- Manages billing with Project Coordinators to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing on a monthly basis.
- Communicates and is responsible to work with appropriate staff to meet EEO/DBE project requirements.
- Works to ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on/under budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
- Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues that may arise.
- Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain profitability.
- Coordinates efforts and communication with the project owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as needed.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with current clients; responsible to create relationships with potential future clients.
- Retrieve the information accurately
- Manage all vendors and subcontractors for the entire estimate process
- Estimate the project to meet the industry standards
- Manage and execute all administrative paperwork required
- Work with office, shop and fieldworker staff to execute a professional completed project
- Complete all purchasing related to the job
- Attend owner job site meetings and have the ability to maintain task completion management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of computer software (proficiency in MS office applications)
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills; ability to write formal letters
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions. Must know standard conversions used in the construction industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and internal safety complaints. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of situations and events and respond accordingly. Ability to seek counsel, when needed and use a variety of resources.