Position: Equipment Operator
Jackson Demolition is seeking experienced and safety-oriented Equipment Operators to join our team. We are specifically seeking Operators who are proficient with operating backhoes and other construction equipment used in the demolition industry.
- Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used on site.
- Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of the project Foreman, Superintendent, General Superintendent or Safety Director.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and training.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to project Foreman, Superintendent, General Superintendent or Safety Director.
- Assists in training entry level employees to perform maintenance and repair duties as required or assigned.
- Helps identify any underground and overhead utilities have been located/exposed prior to excavating.
- Completes excavation for pipe inside trench boxes and double-stacked trench boxes.
- Provides backup site supervision in the absence of Foreman and/or Superintendent.
- Reviews trenching requirements with Superintendent and ensure any required protection is available.
- Keep project foreman, superintendent, or general superintendent informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform tasks at construction project sites or adversely affect Company operations.
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating 100,000+ pound excavator/backhoe.
- OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR, and the ability to follow applicable safety precautions as well as view and understand Jackson Demolition’s safety training video is required. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations is also required.
- Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles. Ability to drive and operate heavy equipment under varying working conditions.
- Ability to read and comprehend grade stakes and/or site plans.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors and other business associates. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions. Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency as required by management and/or project requirements.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to work 8 to 12-hour workdays, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends. Must be flexible regarding work hours including evenings and weekends.