The station began operation in 1931 with two 15-megawatt (MW) coal-fired units (Units 1 and 2) that were retired in 1972. Coal-fired Unit 3 (76 MW) was added in 1950 and Unit 4 (156 MW) in 1958; electrostatic precipitators were constructed for Units 3 and 4 in the 1970s. In 2014, Units 3 and 4 were converted to natural gas as a fuel source. The station was idled in 2018.
The demolition includes all the entire station’s buildings, equipment and structures: Power Block (consisting of four (4) boiler units and associated Turbine / Generators), Precipitators, Administrative Building, Maintenance building, Water treatment Plant, Pump Houses, Two (2) Brick Stacks approx. 200’ feet in height, River Intake Machinery, Various other support buildings, sheds, and structures.